CCC Racing Teams:CCC - CatUP Coaching Racing Team
Latest Racing Results
CCC - CatUP Coaching Results
4th - 2014 NC State Crit Championships
4th - 2014 NC Road Race Championship (6/15 CAT)
10th - 2014 NC Road Race Championship (6/15 CAT)
5th - 2014 NC Road Race Championship (6/14 Age Group)
7th - 2014 NC Road Race Championship (6/14 Age Group)
9th - 2014 NC Road Race Championship (6/14 Age Group)
2nd - 2014 BHB Tuesday Night Crit Series (6/10)
4th - 2014 BHB Tuesday Night Crit Series (6/10)
6th - 2014 BHB Tuesday Night Crit Series (6/3)
6th - 2014 Tour of Franklinton
23rd Annual Firecracker 100K and 50K Ride
Join us for the 23rd Annual July 4th Firecracker Ride as over 900 cyclists gather to celebrate Independence Day and support the Greater Carolina's Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society with a scenic ride through Wake, Chatham and Harnett Counties.
DATE: Saturday, July 04, 2015
TIME: 8:00 AM
Registration is now open for the 23rd Annual Firecracker Ride on July 4th. Please come out and support this great cause to help find a cure for MS.
We have made many changes to the registration process this year so please read the following information:
Registration is now done at USA Cycling at the following link:
By changing the registration to USA Cycling, pre-registered riders will NO LONGER HAVE TO SIGN PAPER WAVERS to pick up their package which should make life much easier for everyone. Please note that to pre-register, you must create an account on USA cycling, but creation of an account does not cost anything. If you already have an account, life is even easier. Once you create an account, you can sign up for which ride you want and any additional items that you might want to purchase. When you get to the Order Summary Page, please note that you have to check items that you do not want and remove them from your cart. By default, USA cycling adds a one day license option (for those who do not already hold a USA Cycling license). You DO NOT have to have a one day license to ride, so please remove this from your cart if you do not want it.
If you purchase a one day license you are entitled to the USA Cycling accident medical coverage for the event day the license was purchased for and limited to only the cycling activity of the event. All medical coverage is subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy(ies). For more detailed information please contact USA Cycling.
|50K Route [GPX]||100K Route [GPX]|
As in previous years, the ride will start at 8:00 AM from All Star Bike Shop located in the Salt Box Village shopping center in Cary. Please park in the parking areas off of Commonwealth Court or Kilmayne Drive just north of the Hibernian. Rest stops with food and refreshments provided by Whole Foods will be available on both the 100K and 50K routes.The Hibernian Restaurant and Pub in Cary will host a post-ride party that should not be missed! The Hibernian will be open during the ride so your non-cycling friends and family can enjoy the restaurant while they wait for you.
The below information is the current 2015 plan, but is subject to change. Updates will be made as the dates approaches so check back.
At The Hibernian we will have:
- An All American Lunch Buffet available for purchase during pre-registration for $11.50. Buffets may also be purchased on the day of the ride at The Hibernian Restaurant for $13.00. Featured buffet items this year include: hot dogs, hamburgers, veggie burgers, baked beans, and pasta salad.
- Plenty of sodas and watermelon to help everyone keep cool
- Live music!
- The Tour de France on live TV throughout the restaurant
- Raffle ticket sales and drawing provided by All Star Bikes with all proceeds going to the MS Society
- Massage services provided by Hands On Health for $1 per minute (up to 20 minutes) with 20% of the proceeds going to MS Society
- The first 700 registered riders receive a coupon for free frozen custard from Goodberry's
Once again this year, the event will cover your BikeReg fees and the first t-shirt when you register today!
**PLEASE NOTE: Free t-shirt and additional t-shirt orders will close Friday, 6/19. Pre-order lunch buffets will not be accepted after June 26th. You may still sign-up online for the ride from Friday, June 26th through Friday, July 4th, but you WILL NOT receive a pre-registration packet and the entry fee increases to $30 per person. Day-of registration is also permitted at $30 per person. **
Detail Cut-off dates and times:
- Online Registration for ride with free t-shirt and a packet closes: Friday, June 19th at midnight, 12:00 AM EST (see below for packet pick-up times)
- Online Registration for ride with meal order and a packet closes: Saturday, June 27th at noon 12:00 PM EST (see below for packet pick-up times)
- Pre-registration packets can be picked up before the ride from 4:00-6:00 PM on Wednesday-Friday, July 1st-July 3rd at the All Star Bike Shop located at the Salt Box Village in Cary
- Last Online Registration for ride with NO pre-registration packet closes Friday, July 3rd at 10:00 PM EST
- Day-of registration and packet pickup opens at 6:30 AM EST on July 4th
We at the Capital Cycling Club believe that the sport of cycling should not have a high barrier to entry. Where does your money go? There are a lots of costs to putting on a ride like this, and we can typically yield about $10 / person per registration to go towards to the MS Society. Please consider making an extra donation below. Thanks! Our hard working volunteers are doing this for the love of the sport and the passion we have for the MS goal. Please join us in the fight, join us for the after ride party, and support our sponsors who support our community.